The Marketing Intern for ClimbHI is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to gain exposure to many businesses in Hawaii while assisting in providing visibility to LEI 2013 (April 3 on Maui; April 5 on Oahu), a workforce development program for over 500 high school students in partnership with the Hawaii Tourism Authority and over 40 participating businesses.
Exposure will include working with leaders from businesses in Hawaii like: Expedia, ClearlyM, First Hawaiian Bank, John Hancock, Kobayashi Sugita and Goda, the US military, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
This position is responsible for increasing our brand awareness, driving internet traffic, and increasing awareness and community through social media channels:
- Monitor and engage on social platforms to include Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Update Website Content using WordPress
- Coordinate monthly newsletter in MailChimp
- Report on Analytics to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Other marketing activities as assigned
Training will be provided by Pacific New Media instructors on Web Content Management, Social Media Monitoring & Engagement, SEO techniques, Web Analytic Reporting and more. After successful completion of the internship you will be fully qualified to secure a paid position in this industry.
Hours are flexible with a minimum of 8 hours required each week. Office space provided at the ClearlyM office in Downtown Honolulu.
- Attend LEI 2013- Maui, April 3; Oahu, April 5. All travel expenses will be covered.
- Internship to commence based on intern’s availability. The preference is the week of January 28th through April 12th.
- Must be highly organized, very detailed and an excellent communicator via email, phone and online chat.
- Must be able to successfully and simultaneously manage many tasks of a broad variety
in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be self‐disciplined, able to work independently, proficient in time management
and a self‐starter looking to grow in the advertising industry.
- Required skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Gmail, familiarity with social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Preferred skills: WordPress Content Management, HootSuite, Google Analytics, MailChimp and HTML skills.